Friday, November 16, 2012

Behind the name: Charlee



Our Charlee Shell for Prima Miche Bags was named after one of our Representatives, whose name is actually Charlotte; her friends thought that name was just too formal for the workplace, so she started going by the name Charlee. Miche, like Charlee, is proof that we all have the ability to find our own personality, character, and style.

The Cherish Collection was inspired by all the different things that make this season sparkle—especially the importance of relationships. Our hearts naturally turn toward the people we value most and we reflect on the memories we’ve created together. So in honor of our “Cherish” Collection we asked Charlee to share with us what she cherishes most.

What do I cherish? I cherish my family, my friends, my life, but most of all my husband. On September 15 we will be married 50 years. This may seem like a long time, but when you are married to your best friend, believe me it is too short. Paul and I got married right out of high school and although times were not always the best, we believed in “If it’s broken, fix it—don’t throw it away.”
About 10 years into our marriage, Paul fell 50 feet from a power pole and the fall crushed both his feet. We are so grateful that was the extent of his injuries, but it was still a very trying time. I can’t express how hard it was to see this strong, self-sufficient man in a wheelchair having to ask for help. Finances were very tight and it was difficult to make ends meet with three children. However going through this together and sticking it out gave us a much stronger bond. And, as Kelly Clarkson says, “What Doesn’t Kill You makes you Stronger.” That definitely applied to us.

Paul went through 12 surgeries and was off work for seven years. We survived, and through a lot of hard work and determination, he went back to his job as a utility journeyman lineman. We’ve had our ups and downs, but we’ve weathered through the bad times and enjoyed the good. Our children are now adults and we are very proud of them…and now we have two precious grandsons.

Paul continued to work in his trade, and 12 years ago he had a stroke. Being the every diligent person he is, he went back to work after three months. Seven years ago, he had a double bypass and had to retire. Today he has severe arthritis in his feet and it is really painful to walk, but he still remains very active without complaint.

This is why after 50 years he is the person I cherish most; without his love and support, I wouldn’t have my wonderful children and my two awesome grandsons, nor would I have been able to be a part of the Miche family. Paul is a fantastic person and I am so lucky to have had him in my life for all these years. I only wish we could have another 50.

Thank you, Jennie!

No comments:

Post a Comment