Sunday, August 26, 2012

Behind the Name: Carmel & Lincoln




While Nebraska may be what naturally comes to mind when you hear the name “Lincoln,” the two Shells I am highlighting this week are actually named after a couple of beautiful cities on the Northwest coast.

Lincoln is a small town along the Oregon coast that takes me back to my childhood. In fact, this is where my earliest memories of the ocean were created. Each summer my family gathered in this charming coastal escape for a family reunion and I remember waking up each morning to the sound of the crashing waves. I also remember combing the beach for shells and searching the tide pools for all kinds mysterious tiny sea creatures.

In Lincoln, grey skies and ocean breezes provide the perfect setting for flying kites—kites of every shape, color, and size fill the sky each afternoon. As night fell we would build a bonfire and roast marshmallows. On just such a magical evening, I had my first kiss.

Carmel is a town along the northern California coastline that provides a graceful and quiet escape from the hustle and bustle of San Francisco. This is the perfect location to spend a quiet afternoon shopping in small boutiques as well as enjoying lunch and the company of close friends. This is a place to relax, take a deep cleansing breath of ocean air and treasure the moments in life that offer a peace and healing.



If you have a destination that has inspired you, we would love to hear it! Please send your stories to design@miche.com for an opportunity to have one of our next Miche Luxe Shells named in your honor! 

Thank you, Jennie :)


No comments:

Post a Comment